Monday, August 13, 2012

Yorktown

Had a good day in Yorktown to be with Chad as he completed "the trip". It was fun to watch Chad, Keith and Alex enjoy the last 13 miles together.


It was somewhat difficult not being on my bike to enjoy the feeling of completing the coast to coast ride. I came short 650 miles of completing the ride. Chad and I did rode for 3575 miles together with many wonderful memories. Each day we were ready to start and enjoy the ride. The days that we started at first light in the morning to beat the heat were fun. Each new day I looked forward to the adventures of another day.

Thanks Chad for a great ride. Thanks, for waiting for me at the top of all those hills. Thanks for allowing me to "suck wheel" on those many miles across Kansas or when we had a head wind. It was nice to have you making decisions about how far to ride, where to stay and keeping us on the route.

The 56 days on the road with Chad are full of memories that will be talked about for years. It was fun reliving the trip of 25 years ago and finding spots and things we did on the first ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment