Friday, August 17, 2012

D.C. to York Furnace, Pa. - Aug. 17

Instead of just going to Baltimore, I took the main route that goes around Baltimore ... and then I kept going. In all, I rode 106 miles and am staying at campground on the York side of the Susquehanna River, near Safe Harbor Dam.

I figured that this would be my last chance to ride big miles in a day, to try to test myself a little at the end of this long trip. It was cool to start biking in the early light in downtown D.C. and end up just 16 miles from Columbia.

Tomorrow I'll have maybe 50 miles of real riding and then I'll hang around at the houses of my family members. (I sublet my own apartment through August, so I can't go back there just yet.)

So, the trip will end tomorrow. I'll then do one more post with a few closing thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment