Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chickahominy to Ashland, Va.

I backtracked to Ashland, covering some 65 miles by noon. I'm now staying at the KOA that I stayed at three nights ago. In fact, I'm staying in the same site, but instead of anticipating a ride to Yorktown, I'll be heading north tomorrow, towards home.

I had been thinking about lollygagging my way home, but now think I'll just keep going at my normal pace. Tomorrow I plan to go to Fredericksburg since there are few lodging options anywhere else.

It felt familiar to be riding again today, but also strange since "The Trip" is already completed. I'm no longer someone who is biking across the U.S., but someone who has. (I don't know how to italicize things on the iPhone, but just imagine that "is" and "has" were in italics in that last sentence.)

The ride today included various markers for Civil War battlefields.

No comments:

Post a Comment