Saturday, August 11, 2012

Charlottesville to Ashland, Va. - Aug. 10

Today's ride was largely uneventful -- thankfully so! The big hills are behind me so it was small hills through fields and forested sections. It was cloudy, but never rained, which also meant it never got really hot. I took a small shortcut, saving about 20 miles. In all, I rode just over 80 miles today.

I'm staying at a KOA near Ashland and I-95. It was only $9 for a tent, which is cheap for a KOA.

The end is very much in sight. That prospect feels strange. While I plan to ride back up to Lancaster, that seems like just a postscript to "The Trip," which will draw to a close on Sunday.

Tomorrow I plan to ride to a campground 30 miles short of Yorktown, setting myself up for a ceremonial, final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment