Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sore knees, Dixie Pass

Starting out from the Dayville Presbyterian Church, having spent the morning drinking coffee and using the wifi connection while icing my knees, it was tough going for me. My knees really hurt. It seemed like I couldn't put any pressure on the pedals, so I just spun up the John Day River valley in a low gear while dad went out ahead. I was trying to imagine what it would be like to pedal all day like this. It wasn't pretty.

About 9 miles in, we stopped and raised my seat about half an inch, which seemed to help. Actually, it did help as I could ride a lot faster. My knees are still sore, but it no longer seems like I am actually damaging them.

We were passed by a lot of people on motorcycles today and spent most of the day along the river. Following lunch in Prairie City, we rode up Dixie Pass, which was hard. By the time we got to the top, we had ridden up for maybe 7 miles and had gone from a landscape of small trees spread out on the hills to a forest.

The photos are of mom and dad riding up Dixie Pass: 25 years apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment