Thursday, June 21, 2012

Salmon River- June 20

We had an incident-free night under the water tower, although dad said he didn't sleep that well, partially because the sound of the water tower creaking could easily be mistaken for the sound of a bike thief.

Tonight, we're in Riggins, Idaho, right next to the Salmon River, which should provide much more pleasant background noise.

At the top of a big climb outside the town of Council this morning, we found the spot where we rested 25 years ago and I posed with all the cookies I ate. Mom, who kept an audio journal of the trip, asked me some questions about my lunch and my general well- being.
Here is a transcript of that interview

Mom: Chad, I haven't talked to you very much on this trip. Why don't you tell me, how are feeling right now?
Chad: (shrugs shoulders)
Mom: Now, wait. They can't hear shrugging shoulders.
Chad: I'm feeling very good.
Mom: Now, what do you have in your hand?
Chad: Cookies.
Mom: Now, how many did you have in your hand before you just ate the last few?
Chad: (laughs) Five.
Mom: You had five cookies and they're pretty big, aren't they?
Chad: (laughs) Yes.
Mom: But Keith and Korey had the same amount -- at least yours are lasting longer.
Mom: Is there anything sore on your body at this point?
Chad: Not really.
Mom: Not really? You're feeling fine after seven days of riding?
Chad: Mmhuh.
Mom: Is there anything else you'd like to tell everybody?
Chad: (laughs) Nope.
Mom: Nope? Well, OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment